https://academy.vocaleyes.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/10-steps-for-schools.gif 283 726 PeterA https://academy.vocaleyes.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/VocalEyes-Logo-2018-acedemy.gif PeterA2018-04-29 14:41:512018-11-07 15:32:5410 Steps to Success for Schools
- Register, Login and Create Group for your school (from your dashboard) at http://vocaleyes.org.
Emails us using email@example.com or call us on 0800 689 0290 if you need assistance
- Update the header image and logo to suit your school.
- Add the first Topics. These are the questions, challenges & topics for the first conversations with students.
- Add the first ideas in response to these Topics. Rate and comment on each idea to kick-start the conversation.
- Invite a small group of students to engage in the conversation.
Register, login, search for the school group, join, rate, comment and add their own ideas.
You can use this VocalEyes: Pupil Voice lesson plan
To arrange a VocalEyes representative to deliver this training, ensure https://zoom.us/ is unblocked. See this guide
- Engage a wider student audience digitally by:
- Emailing them with instructions on how to join.
- Importing all users into your group. See this user import guide.
- Embed the VocalEyes widget into your intranet (if you have one). http://downloads.vocaleyes.org (contact your IT Dept to progress this)
- Use Newsletters and other media to promote the conversation, topics, ideas and other content
- Engage students face to face by:
- Arranging regular group workshops / sessions where you discuss the ideas in more depth and also help people register and join the conversation online.
- Integrating participatory democracy into the curriculum, some examples here.
- Identify a small number of students & staff to become the VocalEyes Coordinating Group. Students should become Group Editors & one staff member should become Group Admins to manage content, group settings and membership. (Click on JOIN OPTIONS beside the group logo)
- Arrange training for these students & staff with VocalEyes and set up regular ongoing support calls to help you hold a strong and authentic conversation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your Student Council meetings as Events inside your school group. (You will need to turn on the Events module on the Manage Modules page in Group Admin)
- Ensure the priorities are printed off before each Student Council meeting and help to inform the meeting agenda.
- Log Meeting Notes on the Student Council Events during the meeting.
- Log actions, outcomes and create news articles on the platform about good ideas that have turned into action. This will create a positive feedback loop with your members and encourage ongoing engagement.