Cardiff Child Friendly City
Participatory Democracy Initiative with VocalEyes
SUBJECT: Teacher Training Webinars for VocalEyes – participatory democracy for Pupil/Student Voice – turning ideas into action in your school
Dear Pupil / Student Voice Coordinator,
As part of the Cardiff Child Friendly City programme and ongoing mission to improve local democracy, we are looking to engage schools in Local Democracy Week – 14th to 19th October.
We are offering;
1. Training and support for teachers/coordinators in Sept (see dates below).
2. Ongoing training and support for students, teachers and schools from October onwards.
If this sounds of interest, we’d like to invite you to attend a 60 MIN teacher/coordinator online training webinar for VocalEyes.
If you’re not already familiar with VocalEyes and the participatory democracy initiative, please view this video at City Hall here.
VocalEyes is a way to support the Rights Respecting Schools initiative.
In this webinar we’ll covering the following:
- Introductions – a chance to meet Pupil / Student Voice Coordinators from other schools
- Sharing ideas into action case studies and experiences
- How to increase student engagement
- Training and support for Student Participation Teams
- Platform functionality & mobile app
- Next steps
- Webinar dates for student training sessions
The dates for these Teacher/Coordinator Training Webinars are as follows:
- Mon 23rd Sept @ 10.30, 13.30 or 15.30
- Wed 25th Sept @ 10.30, 13.30 or 15.30
- Tues 24th Sept @ 10.30, 13.30 or 15.30
- Fri 27th Sept @ 10.30, 13.30 or 15.30
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your place.
If you are unable to make any of these dates, please email us with other alternatives.
NOTE – Please ensure:
- Zoom is unblocked on your systems. Click this link https://zoom.us – if you are unable to see the page, ask your IT team to unblock it. If you prefer a different method of communication, please say (i.e.Skype, Hangouts, Fb, by phone)
- Your microphone and camera are working..
For more information about VocalEyes in education click here.
And for a Pupil Voice lesson plan click here.
Very much looking forward to progressing this with you,
All the best
Peter Anderson – 07971 219 848