http://academy.vocaleyes.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/10-steps.png 283 726 PeterA http://academy.vocaleyes.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/VE-Academy.png PeterA2018-03-09 10:39:092018-03-09 10:41:2510 Steps to Success for New Groups
If you’ve just started a new group on VocalEyes, follow these simple steps to hold a successful conversation.
- Register, Login and Create Group (from your dashboard) at http://vocaleyes.org.
- Update the header image and logo to suit your group.
- Add the first Topics. These are the questions, challenges & topics for the first conversations.
- Add the first ideas in response to these Topics. Rate and comment on each idea.
- Invite a small group of colleagues to engage in the conversation.
Register, login, search for group, join, rate, comment and add their own ideas.
- Engage a wider audience digitally by:
- Engage people face to face by:
- Arranging regular group sessions where you discuss the ideas in more depth and also help people register and join the conversation online.
- Integrating participatory democracy into the curriculum, some examples here.
- Identify a small number of people to become the VocalEyes Coordinating Group. They will be Group Editors & Admins to manage content and group settings.
Arrange training for these people with VocalEyes and set up regular ongoing support calls to help you hold a strong and authentic conversation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure the priorities are printed off before each meeting and help to inform the meeting agenda.
- Log actions, outcomes and create news articles on the platform about good ideas that have turned into action. This will create a positive feedback loop with your members and encourage ongoing engagement.